Recipe by Saeriu
All of the flavors of banana walnut bread that your mom used to make but in the form of a cheesecake.
Top Review by Susie D
I reduced the recipe to make 1/4 with my grandson. We made small individual cheesecakes so I have no insight on the baking time or instructions. We had 3 mini cheesecakes with a smooth texture and mild banana flavor. I would have liked walnuts incorporated in the filling or added as a top layer so may try that next time. Thank you for your contribution to RSC & good luck!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 banana, well mashed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: blend crumbs, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon.
- Mix in melted butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake 5 minutes. Cool.
- To make filling: beat cream cheese until light.
- Add sugars.
- Add 1 egg at a time taking care not to over mix.
- Add zest, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Stir in well mashed banana until incorporated.
- Pour into cooled pan.
- Bake 20 minutes at 325°F.
- Rotate pan and bake 25 minutes at 275°F.
- Rotate pan and bake at 225F until center is just set approximately 15 minutes longer.
- Let cool in oven until room temperature. Set in refrigerator until well chilled.