Recipe by Saeriu
This is a re-make of my other banana cheese cake. It's a similar recipe but with a more intense banana flavor and more walnuts. This once also has a topping for added banana flavor. I made this and brought it to work to share and it disappeared by lunch time. The comments about the crust was that it tasted a lot like banana bread. I will usually place a pie plate filled with water on the rack under the cheesecake to create a waterbath effect.
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 lemon, the juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 medium bananas, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: blend crumbs, 1/2 cup walnuts, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix in melted butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Bake 5 minutes. Cool.
- To make filling: beat cream cheese until light.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, zest of 1 lemon, vanilla, and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Stir in well mashed bananas until incorporated.
- Add 1 egg at a time taking care not to over mix. Stir in 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts.
- Pour into cooled crust.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Rotate pan and bake 25 minutes at 300°F.
- Rotate pan and bake at 225F until center is just set approximately 15 minutes longer.
- Let cool in oven until room temperature. Set in refrigerator until well chilled.
- Once well chilled, toss sliced bananas in remaining lemon juice to help prevent browning. Mix sour cream and 3 tablespoons of sugar and spread on top of cheese cake. Add sliced bananas. Enjoy!