1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a re-make of my other banana cheese cake. It's a similar recipe but with a more intense banana flavor and more walnuts. This once also has a topping for added banana flavor. I made this and brought it to work to share and it disappeared by lunch time. The comments about the crust was that it tasted a lot like banana bread. I will usually place a pie plate filled with water on the rack under the cheesecake to create a waterbath effect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 lemon, the juice and zest of
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 medium bananas, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2To make crust: blend crumbs, 1/2 cup walnuts, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix in melted butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 3Press mixture into bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Bake 5 minutes. Cool.
- 4To make filling: beat cream cheese until light.
- 5Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, zest of 1 lemon, vanilla, and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 6Stir in well mashed bananas until incorporated.
- 7Add 1 egg at a time taking care not to over mix. Stir in 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts.
- 8Pour into cooled crust.
- 9Bake 20 minutes at 350°F.
- 10Rotate pan and bake 25 minutes at 300°F.
- 11Rotate pan and bake at 225F until center is just set approximately 15 minutes longer.
- 12Let cool in oven until room temperature. Set in refrigerator until well chilled.
- 13Once well chilled, toss sliced bananas in remaining lemon juice to help prevent browning. Mix sour cream and 3 tablespoons of sugar and spread on top of cheese cake. Add sliced bananas. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Walnut Cheesecake 2
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.7
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 210.8 mg
- Sodium 331.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 11.6 g