Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Love these flavors in a bread, so why not a cake? This simple recipe is lower in sugar than most others. Could easily be adjusted to bake in 8"x8" pans. Found printed on the packaging for my silicone loaf pans. NOTE: I think this comes out even better if you mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together before adding to the wet mixture.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177° Celsius).
- Lightly spray 2 loaf pans with vegetable spray.
- Combine ingredients in the order they appear.
- Thoroughly mix and pour into loaf pans.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and gently remove from pans.