1/2 Photos of Banana Walnut Buttermilk Bread
1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe I got off the side of a sugar bag. I haven't made it but it sounds so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl cream together the sugar and the butter; add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- 3Beat in mashed bananas and vanilla and continue beating until mixture is smooth.
- 4In a large measuring cup stir baking soda into the buttermilk and add it to the banana mixture along with the flour and chopped nuts.
- 5Stir the batter until it is just combined.
- 6Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake for one hour or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Transfer the bread to a rack and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- 8Turn it out onto a rack and let it cool completely.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Walnut Buttermilk Bread
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.2
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 188.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 45.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g