Recipe by Kaccy G.
This is a recipe I got off the side of a sugar bag. I haven't made it but it sounds so good.
Top Review by Butterscotch Baby
I used whole wheat flour, demerara sugar & added 2 tbls flax seed meal & 1 tbls chai spice blend seasoning, and it is excellent! Next time I will try allspice, but you can take this already excellent recipe & bend it in many directions.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream together the sugar and the butter; add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat in mashed bananas and vanilla and continue beating until mixture is smooth.
- In a large measuring cup stir baking soda into the buttermilk and add it to the banana mixture along with the flour and chopped nuts.
- Stir the batter until it is just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake for one hour or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the bread to a rack and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn it out onto a rack and let it cool completely.