Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
When I tried this adopted recipe, I didn't change a thing, and I thought it made a really nice, moist banana bread. Give it a try if you like banana bread. However, it is very crumbly and does not hold together well. For me, that is not a big issue--I care more about taste than looks, but if you are looking for beautiful bread slices you may wish to keep looking. The original submitter said it came from the Kraft food site.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl and set them aside.
- Beat margarine and sugar on a high speed until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in bananas.
- Gradually add flour mixture and milk.
- Beat well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Use a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan to spread the mixture.
- Sprinkle with the the rest of the walnuts.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour and 10 minutes (or use a toothpick to check if it's done yet) Cool in a pan on wire rack for 10 min.
- Then take the bread out of the pan and cool on the rack completely.
- If desired, you may sprinkle powdered sugar on top.