Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe was found the bag of Splenda. It is a little lighter on sweetner and oil than some of the recipe I have seen. I made a few slight adjustments. If you have black walnuts, please use them.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust lightly with flour; set aside.
- Combine the Splenda and other dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Combine the mashed bananas with the oil, yogurt and extracts, mix well.
- Pour the banana mixture in the dry ingredeints; stir just until mixed, add the walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 40 to 55 minutes or until golden and the center is set.
- Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool; cut into 8 generous servings and enjoy.