Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
The most delicious moist banana nut cake you have ever tasted! Great right out of the oven as well as after a couple of days in the refrigerator (only if it lasts that long!). Easy to make and amazingly tasty!
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs and add to butter mixture with milk and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold dry mixture into batter.
- Coarsely mash bananas.
- Add bananas and chopped walnuts to mixture.
- Pour into greased 9 inch bread pan.
- Dust with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
Very moist and good! I have a lot of walnuts to use up and I had 3 very dark bananas so that's what interested me about the recipe. I had all the ingredients (unlike the buttermilk recipes) so I gave it a shot and I'm glad I did. I used Splenda for the sugar and followed the rest of the recipe as written. Thanks!