Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for the lunch box! This loaf can be topped with extra walnuts before baking.
Make and share this Banana Walnut and Date Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to a moderate heat.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 12cm loaf pan, with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add orange zest with one of the eggs and beat until smooth. Add remaining egg and beat to a smooth batter.
- Fold in the dates, bananas, flour, orange juice and walnuts and fold in well.
- Spoon the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a scewer.
- Cool loaf in pan for about 5 minutes, then turn out to a rack to cool completely.
A tasty banana bread that develops a really yummy gold crust. While we enjoyed the same day it was made I'm looking forward to trying it aged a day also. I made this as written and it was almost too sweet for my taste but no one else said anything so it I%u2019m sure it was just me. Thanks for the post.
A beautiful, dense and moist loaf that is packed with flavour. The orange zest and juice are great additions, and next time I'll add 50-60 grams of chopped crystallised ginger. Hubby took it for the afternoon tea break at the local tennis club and everyone loved it. By the way, I used ripe bananas that I had tossed in the freezer a few weeks ago. Thanks for posting. Yum, yum!
Delicious!!! I made this because it said it improves with age and I wanted something I could make ahead. I only made them today in little mini loaf pans and already they taste really good! :) so Im looking forward to them improving. I unfortunately didnt have dates so used raisins instead but will try with dates next time. A love loaf recipe I can highly recommend.