Great for the lunch box! This loaf can be topped with extra walnuts before baking.
Make and share this Banana Walnut and Date Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to a moderate heat.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 12cm loaf pan, with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add orange zest with one of the eggs and beat until smooth. Add remaining egg and beat to a smooth batter.
- Fold in the dates, bananas, flour, orange juice and walnuts and fold in well.
- Spoon the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a scewer.
- Cool loaf in pan for about 5 minutes, then turn out to a rack to cool completely.
A tasty banana bread that develops a really yummy gold crust. While we enjoyed the same day it was made I'm looking forward to trying it aged a day also. I made this as written and it was almost too sweet for my taste but no one else said anything so it I%u2019m sure it was just me. Thanks for the post.
A beautiful, dense and moist loaf that is packed with flavour. The orange zest and juice are great additions, and next time I'll add 50-60 grams of chopped crystallised ginger. Hubby took it for the afternoon tea break at the local tennis club and everyone loved it. By the way, I used ripe bananas that I had tossed in the freezer a few weeks ago. Thanks for posting. Yum, yum!
Delicious!!! I made this because it said it improves with age and I wanted something I could make ahead. I only made them today in little mini loaf pans and already they taste really good! :) so Im looking forward to them improving. I unfortunately didnt have dates so used raisins instead but will try with dates next time. A love loaf recipe I can highly recommend.