Great for the lunch box! This loaf can be topped with extra walnuts before baking.
Make and share this Banana Walnut and Date Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to a moderate heat.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 12cm loaf pan, with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add orange zest with one of the eggs and beat until smooth. Add remaining egg and beat to a smooth batter.
- Fold in the dates, bananas, flour, orange juice and walnuts and fold in well.
- Spoon the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a scewer.
- Cool loaf in pan for about 5 minutes, then turn out to a rack to cool completely.