1/4 Photos of Banana Walnut and Date Loaf
1 hr 15 mins
Great for the lunch box! This loaf can be topped with extra walnuts before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to a moderate heat.
- 2Grease and line a 20cm x 12cm loaf pan, with baking paper.
- 3Beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add orange zest with one of the eggs and beat until smooth. Add remaining egg and beat to a smooth batter.
- 4Fold in the dates, bananas, flour, orange juice and walnuts and fold in well.
- 5Spoon the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a scewer.
- 6Cool loaf in pan for about 5 minutes, then turn out to a rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Walnut and Date Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (995 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2399.8
- Calories from Fat 1100
- Total Fat 122.3 g
- Saturated Fat 53.1 g
- Cholesterol 564.3 mg
- Sodium 820.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 328.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.4 g
- Sugars 258.6 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of
wholemeal self-rising flour