- 90 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to a moderate heat.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 12cm loaf pan, with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add orange zest with one of the eggs and beat until smooth. Add remaining egg and beat to a smooth batter.
- Fold in the dates, bananas, flour, orange juice and walnuts and fold in well.
- Spoon the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a scewer.
- Cool loaf in pan for about 5 minutes, then turn out to a rack to cool completely.