Recipe by windywood
It's my favorite way to eat fruit. Easy and colorful for a summer barbeque. Great way to get kids to eat fruit. Not as sweet as whipped cream topping.
Top Review by CabinKat
I loved this. I don't understand where the others thought this was too bland. They should have let the sugar set with the sour cream for a bit for it to incorporate. I added a bit of celery since us Northerners are used to having it. My BH hates mayo and he enjoyed this very much. This will be kept in my recipe book. Thanks for posting windywood.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large banana, sliced into chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir sour cream and sugar together until well mixed.
- Peel bananas and cut into chunks. Add to mixing bowl. Stir in diced apple, pineapple, grapes, walnut halves and raisins and sour cream mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator about an hour if possible.
- Options: I occasionally add 1/4 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 cup mandarin oranges or 1/2 cup diced celery just for something different.
- Refreshing summer side dish.