Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here's a new twist to an old favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cold
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream (to garnish) (optional)
- In saucepan, bring brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and butter to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook without stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour into greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Arrange pecans on top, flat sides up.
- In seperate bowl, add bananas and remaining lemon juice, stirring gently to coat bananas, then drain.
- Arrange bananas in circular pattern over pecans and set aside.
- FOR CAKE: In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine remaining ingredients in seperate bowl and stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spoon over bananas and bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick tests clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, run knife around edge of pan, and invert onto serving plate.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.