Recipe by ekives
Another brazillian classic, found on bakeries and homes around country.
Top Review by chef-mum
I tried this, I used just over half the bananas because thats all i had but that certainly wouldn't have made much difference. I did not like this cake, it seemed to take forever to cook and then the bananas at the top had a burnt flavour.
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat 1 cup sugar on a baking pan on the stovetop until a light caramel.
- Allow the caramel to cool and arrange the banana slices in it.
- Sift the dry ingredients on a bowl.
- Mix the oil, sugar, eggs and bananas in a blender.
- Mix the blender content with the dry ingredients.
- Lay the cake mixture over the bananas and bake for 30 min or until a knife comes clean out of the cake.