Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe on Gourmet Recipes and my son liked it very much.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 small ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Blend the milk, banana, cherries, cocoa and coconut extract until smooth Add the ice cream and blend again.
- Serve immediately in chilled glasses.
A surprising & tasty blend of flavours! I scaled the recipe to 2 servings for my husband & grandson - they both loved it. I'm on a diet at the moment so I restricted myself to the "taste test" only. I used the maraschino cherries in the liquid, rather than the dried ones. Thanx Fay!
Ooooh! This is so good and so tasty. Like a banana split in a glass. I didn't have coconut extract, so I substitued vanilla instead. I splurged and used HaagenDaz vanilla ice cream and Godiva baking cocoa - this turned out delicious. For extra decadence, I might try coffee or chocolate ice cream next time.
very good, my husband was the first one to finish, our boys were tying for second place, unfortunately there was only enough left for me to have just a sip!