Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Betty Crocker. You can use toasted coconut if desired in place or with the bananas.
- 18 ounces betty crocker supermoist white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1⁄2 cup from 14-oz can coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces betty crocker whipped fluffy white frosting
- banana, slices if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and mashed bananas with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Poke top of cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking. In large bowl, stir together condensed milk, coconut milk and whipping cream. Carefully pour evenly over top of cake. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight until mixture is absorbed into cake.
- Spread frosting over cake. Garnish each serving with banana slices and/or toasted coconut, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
This cake came out great the 1st time I made it! The cake did not soak up all the milks but it just added to the presentation. It was moist, just the right touch with the banana, frosting was sweet. Just a good cake all around and I will be making it again!
Thought this one was just okay. The flavors were good, but was unhappy because the tres leches part of the recipe did not fully soak into the cake, even after letting it sit for 24 hours. I think this one will be saved for ordering dessert if we're out to eat.
I have made this cake twice, the first time I made it with the frosting called for and the second time I used cool whip. Everyone liked it better with the cool whip! This is an awesome cake!