Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Betty Crocker. You can use toasted coconut if desired in place or with the bananas.
Top Review by Ms. Cupcake
This cake came out great the 1st time I made it! The cake did not soak up all the milks but it just added to the presentation. It was moist, just the right touch with the banana, frosting was sweet. Just a good cake all around and I will be making it again!
- 18 ounces betty crocker supermoist white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1⁄2 cup from 14-oz can coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces betty crocker whipped fluffy white frosting
- banana, slices if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and mashed bananas with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Poke top of cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking. In large bowl, stir together condensed milk, coconut milk and whipping cream. Carefully pour evenly over top of cake. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight until mixture is absorbed into cake.
- Spread frosting over cake. Garnish each serving with banana slices and/or toasted coconut, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 35 to 40 minutes.