This is a nice cake that is not overly sweet.With a hint of banana and coconut flavors that compliment one another. For the best flavor and texture make this the night before.
- 1 (10 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix (BETTY CROCKER ONLY!)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (ripe)
- 5 ounces reduced-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup French vanilla flavored coffee creamer (liquid version)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a non stick 9x13-inch pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Sit aside for 1 hour to cool.
- With an electric mixer, mix all the milks and sugar until well combined.
- Using a fork or straw, make holes all over the cake, the more holes the better the leches (milks) will absorb.
- Pour 1/2 of the milk over the entire cake slowly. Wait about 10 minutes and pour the rest of the cake.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile mix the heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until it thickens.
- Then layer it on top of the cake.
- Place cake back into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving. Overnight is best!
fifi, if i ever get to making this version of tres leches (how fat do i need to be) thanks for the interesting flavors and loved the picture - my mouth is salivating as i view it!