Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A healthy and filling muffin that combines the great taste of bananas and trail mix. This recipe also can be made in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan (bake 50 minutes) or four mini loaf pans (bake 30 minutes).
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups trail mix with chocolate
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 14 muffin cups with paper liners. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
- Combine bananas, butter and eggs in medium bowl. Beat into dry ingredients at medium speed until combined. Stir in trail mix until well-blended. Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Tip: If trail mix has no chocolate in it, use 1 cup trail mix and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
FABULOUS 5 star muffins!!!! I subbed homemade peanut butter granola with a handful of chocolate chips thrown in. . .I mean really, could there be a better blend of flavors than banana, peanut butter and chocolate?!?!?!? Outstanding! And my picky toddler who eats NOTHING I make actually ate these up. My batter was a bit thick so I threw in 1/4 cup of applesauce and it was perfect. I made 12 mini muffins (cooked 12 minutes) and 12 regular sized muffins (cooked 18 minutes). Thanks for a winner of a recipe that I will definitely repeat! Made for Photo Tag. UPDATE: I made this recipe again. . .subbed Splenda for the sugar (will decrease amount next time) and used a trail mix from Aldi's with pineapple, cranberries, peanuts and white chocolate chips. Nice! Made them into mini muffins again and this time they took about 15 minutes.
Crafty- these are simple nd delicious. I ended up with 18 muffins as I made them only 1/2 full in the cups (easier to portion control myself) and easier t send in lunch bags for DS and DH. These are great for a breakfast on the run and for anytime in between. I had a chocolate craze and ended up subbing this in instead of a candy bar and I was very satisfied. Used 1 c of granola ceral and 1/2 c plus a shake of mini chocolate chips. I am going to make more of these using mint chocolate chips. I am wondering how the mint and the banana would taste. YUMMY I bet. Thank you. Made for Beverage Tag August 09