Recipe by Susan Lee
This is the easiest of desserts, yet is really quite tasty. We first had it at a restaurant for big $. Very inexpensive to make at home!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- maraschino cherry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a jellyroll pan with wax paper.
- Bake chocolate cake as per box instructions.
- When cool, remove cake from pan.
- Cut cake in two, do not cut through wax paper.
- Whip some cream, or thaw frozen whipped topping, tinting pale yellow if desired.
- Put approximately a one inch layer of whipped cream on one half of cake.
- Slice bananas and place in whipped cream.
- Flip other half of cake on top of first layer.
- Apply whipped cream and bananas.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Best if refrigerated before serving.