1/3 Photos of Banana Tofu Curry
Missy Wombat's Note:
This recipe was recommended by a friend who lives for curry when I was after a recipe to deal with excess bananas. It's a different kind of curry and easy to make
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package firm tofu, drained and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 large bananas or 4 medium bananas, split and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sultanas or 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk (or rice milk or soy milk for vegans)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- white wine
- 1Use bananas that are ripe but not mushy.
- 2Saute the onion in a bit of white wine.
- 3Heat the coconut milk over a medium-high flame.
- 4Add the spices, coconut, and raisins and stir thoroughly.
- 5Reduce heat to medium, add the bananas, and continue to cook until the bananas are hot (stir lightly so they don't disintegrate.) Add the tofu, and milk as needed to thin out the sauce.
- 6As soon as the tofu is hot this is ready to serve.
- 7Heating and stirring beyond that point can turn this into a tasty mush.
- 8Serve with basmati rice, with a side of nuts, raisins, and chutney.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Tofu Curry
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.7
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 91.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: