Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lovely recipe from the food section of the Houston Chronicle.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups toffee pieces, divided
- 1 cup finely diced banana
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 9" baking pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Beat eggs in one at a time until blended.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time just until blended.
- Stir in 1 cup of toffee bits and the banana by hand.
- Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle remaining toffee bits on the top.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool, dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares.
This recipe has great flavour & a lot of potential to be a 5+ star rating. In the 9" pan, the batter was really thick & the edges started to burn before the middle was cooked. It took 55 minutes to cook through. It was also more like cake than blondies. I think using a 13X9 pan would improve the results.