Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse. This makes for such a lovely end to a wonderful meal or a romantic evening, that I know you will not be disappointed. They are so good! Just double the recipe, if needed -- am giving ingredients for one only. Not diet friendly!
- 1 whole banana, peeled and sliced in half
- 1 aluminum foil, envelope made with 8x10-inch piece of aluminum foil
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 tablespoon Meyer's dark rum
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 scoops banana rum ice cream
- fresh mint sprig
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lay the bananas in the foil envelope.
- Scrape the vanilla bean and spread the insides over the bananas. Place the scraped pod in the envelope.
- Add the butter, rum, sugars, and spices to the envelope, seal and place in the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, open the envelope and pour the banana with its sauce over the banana rum ice cream.
- Garnish with whipped cream, powdered sugar and mint.