Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This has a delicate cake-like texture--very much a tea bread and fabulous toasted!
Make and share this Banana Tea Bread from the New York Times recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream the shortening or butter, add the sugar gradually and continue working until the batter is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the bananas, a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Turn into a well-greased bread pan [8-1/2 X 4-1/2 X 3 inches] and bake about one hour and ten minutes.
- NOTE: you can add 1/2 cup coarsely broken nut meats to the batter.