Recipe by AllyRose
The most delicious banana bread I've ever had! Perfect way to get rid of your rotten bananas!
- 2 cups flour (sifted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 large bananas (ripe, mashed, approx 1 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup shortening (melted, or liquid oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, sugar, soda, and salt into large bowl.
- Beat eggs into small bowl and stir in bananas and shortening (or oil).
- Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients until its moistened completely.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until top is firm and pick comes out clean.
- Makes 1 9X5 loaf pan or 2 smaller ones.