Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup banana, mashed (3 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts usually)
- Put sugar, margarine, & eggs in mixer.
- Beat well at medium speed.
- Add vanilla & bananas.
- Sift flour, soda, salt together.
- Add to first mixture and mix well.
- Add sour cream and mix.
- Fold in nuts.
- (To make it a dessert, you can also add some chocolate chips.).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- pour into greased & floured 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
- Bake for at least 1 hour and check with toothpick.
- Ice with powdered sugar dissolved in milk (if desired) when cool.