Recipe by Trilby
Good as candy. I am eating a piece right now. A great way to use up overripe spotted bananas-- when they have the most flavor but no one in the family will eat them. And very easy to throw togther.
- 2 -3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a pan 8" x 12" or 9" X 13". You can also use a loaf pan but you will have to bake it longer.
- Put the bananas and eggs in the bowl of your mixer and blend.
- Add the oil, brown sugar, and vanilla to the bowl and mix. The brown sugar does not need to be packed, one loose cup is enough.
- Add flour and soda. Make sure there are no lumps in the soda. I rub it in my fingers.
- If desired you can add walnut meats.
- Bake on middle rack for about 45 minutes in a flat pan, longer in a loaf pan, till a toothpick comes out clean.