Recipe by Latchy
This recipe was given to me by a friend, don't know where it originated. I haven't tried it, but she thought it was easy enough for me to try.
Top Review by Girl from India
This was very good. And I dolove bananas. I have to have one everyday or I feel I have missed something. Made the puff pastry at home and followed the instructions. It was very nice served with Vanilla Ice-cream. :) Fay
- 50 g butter
- 75 g firmly packed brown sugar
- 60 ml thickened cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 600 g bananas, thickly sliced
- 1 sheet ready made butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to hot 220 C degrees or 200 C degrees fan forced.
- Combine butter, sugar, cream and cinnamon in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Pour caramel sauce into the base of a 23cm pie dish, arrange bananas over the pie dish.
- Trim the corners from the pastry sheet to form a 24cm circle.
- Place the pastry sheet over bananas, ease pastry into side of dish.
- Brush pastry with egg, cook in a hot oven for 15 minutes or until pastry is browned.
- Invert tart, serve with ice-cream or cream.