This recipe was given to me by a friend, don't know where it originated. I haven't tried it, but she thought it was easy enough for me to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to hot 220 C degrees or 200 C degrees fan forced.
- 2Combine butter, sugar, cream and cinnamon in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes.
- 4Pour caramel sauce into the base of a 23cm pie dish, arrange bananas over the pie dish.
- 5Trim the corners from the pastry sheet to form a 24cm circle.
- 6Place the pastry sheet over bananas, ease pastry into side of dish.
- 7Brush pastry with egg, cook in a hot oven for 15 minutes or until pastry is browned.
- 8Invert tart, serve with ice-cream or cream.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Tarte Tatin
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.2
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 170.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g