Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
This is a simple and forgiving recipe. The Rum Sauce add fantastic tropical flair to this classic banana tarte. Or serve the lovely Rum Sauce over ice cream or use it to glaze a fruit tarte.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
Tarte (use 1/2 cup rum sauce)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bananas, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Rum sauce:.
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar, cream, and butter to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rum.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Working on a clean surface, roll the pastry dough into an 11-inch circle and chill.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet.
- Add the rum sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and arrange the banana slices in a single layer in the hot rum sauce.
- Drape the pastry over the bananas, fitting the overhang up the sides of the skillet.
- Bake for in the preheated oven 22-25 minutes, until the pastry turns golden brown.
- Cool the tarte tatin in the skillet for 30 minutes before inverting it onto a serving platter.