Saw Emeril prepare this and it looked wonderful. The combination of all these ingredients together make for a great dessert! It really is not too difficult, I have spaced the instructions so that they are easy to understand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted according to package instructions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 bananas, cut into thirds on the bias
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped macadamia nuts
- 2Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 3On a lightly floured work surface, roll the puff pastry to a thickness of 1/8". Using a plate or cake pan as a guide, trim the pastry to form a 10" circle. Transfer pastry to a plate or small baking sheet and refrigerate while you prepare the bananas.
- 4Place an ovenproof 10" saute pan over medium-low heat amd add the butter to the pan. Once the butter is melted, sprinkle the sugar evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cook the butter and sugar until the butter begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the bananas to the pan and arrange them in a tight, even single layer. Cook the bananas without turning, for 2 minutes.
- 6Take the pan off heat and add rum to the pan. Raise the heat to medium-high and cook the bananas for an additional 2 minutes.
- 7Lay the cold puff pastry over the bananas and cut several slits in the pastry to allow the steam to escape.
- 8Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the puff pastry is golden and puffed, about 15 minutes.
- 9WORKING VERY CAREFULLY, invert the tart onto a large serving plate and slice into 6 portions.
- 10CHOCOLATE SAUCE:.
- 11In med saucepan heat the heavy cream until just about to boil. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate and vanilla to the pan. Stir, using a whisk, until sauce is very smooth.
- 12Serve tatin drizzled with chocolate sauce and garnish with macadamia nuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Tart Tatin With Macadamia Nuts and Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.5
- Calories from Fat 527
- Total Fat 58.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 178.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 10.0 g