Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Saw Emeril prepare this and it looked wonderful. The combination of all these ingredients together make for a great dessert! It really is not too difficult, I have spaced the instructions so that they are easy to understand.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted according to package instructions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 bananas, cut into thirds on the bias
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped macadamia nuts
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 lb semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the puff pastry to a thickness of 1/8". Using a plate or cake pan as a guide, trim the pastry to form a 10" circle. Transfer pastry to a plate or small baking sheet and refrigerate while you prepare the bananas.
- Place an ovenproof 10" saute pan over medium-low heat amd add the butter to the pan. Once the butter is melted, sprinkle the sugar evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cook the butter and sugar until the butter begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the bananas to the pan and arrange them in a tight, even single layer. Cook the bananas without turning, for 2 minutes.
- Take the pan off heat and add rum to the pan. Raise the heat to medium-high and cook the bananas for an additional 2 minutes.
- Lay the cold puff pastry over the bananas and cut several slits in the pastry to allow the steam to escape.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the puff pastry is golden and puffed, about 15 minutes.
- WORKING VERY CAREFULLY, invert the tart onto a large serving plate and slice into 6 portions.
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:.
- In med saucepan heat the heavy cream until just about to boil. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate and vanilla to the pan. Stir, using a whisk, until sauce is very smooth.
- Serve tatin drizzled with chocolate sauce and garnish with macadamia nuts.