Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this up when really craving a thick vanilla shake, and it did the trick!!
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey or 1 -2 teaspoon agave nectar
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor and blend about 1 minute, till completely smooth.
- Note: If you don't have vanilla soymilk, just add an extra teaspoon of sweetener and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
- VERY IMPORTANT: After transferring smoothie to a mug, leave in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, or even longer. This is what makes it thick and creamy. I like to make it before lunch, and eat it after as dessert!
Yum yum. I made this soy free by using Recipe #392870 with some added halal vanilla paste. I used the honey option.
Yum! This tasted like a toasted banana milkshake to us. I doubled the recipe and then made 4 servings out of it. We put it in the freezer for 30 minutes which seemed to work well. I loved the use of tahini in this, as I am always looking for different ways to use it. I used low fat plain soy milk and added a dash of vanilla and a little extra honey. Something I'll make again!
This was really good! I didn't have vanilla soymilk - I used organic skim milk with the addition of vanilla and added a couple of drops of stevia. I think I left it in the freezer for about 30 minutes or so. Thanks, White Rose Child - I'l be making this again! Made and reviewed for PAC Spring 2008.