Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
It is easy to prepare and tasty.
- 1 riped banana
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
- 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cardamoms (powdered)
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 teaspoon ghee or 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds or 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Sieve two flours together and mix thoroughly.
- Rub butter/ghee to the flours.
- Peel and mash the banana to fine paste.
- Add it in the flour.
- Make a light sugar syrup (sugar should get bubbles. after dissolving in water) with adding 1/4 cup of water.
- Now add cardamom powder and the above flour mixture, (pouring little by little).
- Make a fine pliable dough and prepare walnut sized balls,without any cracks.
- Make each ball like a small puri,and deep fry them to golden brown colour.
- In a wide plate sprinkle poppy seeds/sesame seeds.
- Place the sweet puris directly over them, turn the other side, check whether the seeds are properly applied or not.
- Serve hot or cold.