1/1 Photo of Banana Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 10 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Mary Wagner, Salt Lake City, Utah, as submitted to BH&G. As written, the recipe seems to be dry, so I recommend that 2 teaspoons of orange juice be added with the egg yolks in step 5 as recommended by a reviewer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan cook sweet potatoes, covered, in enough boiling salted water to cover for 30-40 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3Peel potatoes; mash on low speed of electric mixer (do not add butter or milk).
- 4Add banana, butter or margarine, lemon peel, and salt. Beat until fluffy.
- 5Add yolks; beat well. Carefully fold stiff-beaten egg whites into potato mixture; turn into a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- 6Bake, covered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 255.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g