Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This could easily qualify as comfort food. My kids adore this one!
Make and share this Banana Sweet Potato Puff Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (3 medium)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Beat with electric mixer until light and very fluffy.
- Turn into 1 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- In the oven for 20 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
I am not a big fan of sweet potatoes, however, when married to curry and banana its a WOW!! Candy on a plate!! I may be a convert to sweet potatoes!? Thanks Mirjam.
I wasn't sure how I felt about this at first. I did sub fat-free yogurt for the sour cream because I don't like sour cream. Fresh from the oven the curry taste was pretty strong and I wasn't sure I would make this again. However, I put the leftovers in the fridge and had some cold last night and loved the flavor. The curry had mellowed and I found it was better cold than warm!
I am going to use thuis recipe for a dinner party...I hope it tastes as good as it reads.Wii hold the fith star untill I taste it...Looks so yummy...