Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Dessert from Brazil. It's my own recipe. I normally make this to save the bananas from going bad. when they start to get black on the outside and your family don't want to eat them, it's the right time to make this recipe.
- Put the sugar in a sauce pan and let it melt at medium heat until a brown color. Be careful so it doesn't burn.
- Add the water and it will make the sugar get harder. with a long spoon dissolve it until completely liquid.
- Add the bananas, bring it to boil increasing the heat and then lower it to simmer for 2 hours. It's ready when the bananas are reddish brown color.
- Enjoy it!
- Hints: Because it's too sweet to be served alone, I like to put on top of toasts or cakes You can also serve it with table cream (very popular in Brazil) or cream cheese.
- Some people add cinnamon to this recipe, but you can always add it later on top.
This is a very good recipe. It tastes to me like the banana baby food in the jar, only sweeter and homemade so it's much much better! I'll definately make this again. Made for PAC Spring 09
I can't wait to try this recipe...again! It still piques my taste bud curiosity. Maybe tomorrow my kids and I will be ENJOYING this, instead of throwing it down the sink! Then, I can rate it....