Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Egg free, simple, and delicious. The surprise is a chocolate center... or you could make these banana chocolate chip cupcakes.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 bananas, overripe, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 12 muffin cups.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add oil, milk and vanilla; stir until the mixture starts comes together.
- Mix in mashed bananas; do not over mix.
- Fill muffin cups 1/3 full, place a few chocolate chips in center of each muffin, and then cover with remaining batter.
- Bake on center rack about 30 minutes (toothpick comes out clean).
- If making chocolate chip cupcakes, mix in 1 cup chocolate chips with the bananas, and mini cupcakes take about 13 minutes to bake.
These were good but I could of done without the chocolate in the middle. I think next time I will just put walnuts on the top. I did a little less sugar then a cup and instead of oil I did 1/2 cup of apple sauce. Baked 25 minutes. You can tell they have no egg in it. I loved the crunch around the edge.
Amazing!!!! i'm not the bast at baking but these cupcakes came out great!! im about to make another batch. i only added chocolate chips to the top of the cupcake. but everything else was exactly like the recipe and i'm amazed.
Such a great tasting cupcake. They didn't rise as much as I was hoping, but that may be because I ran out of tin liners, and therefore they were directly in the muffin tin. Either way, with something this good, one bite and you're sold! Topped with a peanut butter frosting. Oh, and I omitted the chocolate out of personal preference. Thank you, I'll definitely use again!