Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another banana dessert from the Turbana Corp. I haven't tried this one, but it sounds yummy to me & looks easy to fix too. I hope to try this soon. If you beat me to it, I hope you enjoy it!
- 8 bananas (very ripe)
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 4 ounces raisins
- 2⁄3 cup cherries (halved)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lb flour
- 3⁄4 pint milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup mixed nuts (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream butter & sugar. Roughly slice ripe bananas & beat well into butter/sugar mix.
- Add eggs 1 at a time & beat well.
- Add milk, vanilla, lime juice, rum, honey & flour. Mix well.
- Add raisins, cherries & nuts, blending just enough to distribute well thru mixture.
- Turn out mixture in a 9x13 in baking dish & bake for 45 minute (NOTE: Cooking time can vary from oven-to-oven. Ck for doneness by the toothpick method. If not dry, cont to cook till done. If toothpick comes out dry, remove from oven & allow to cool.).
- Cover top w/Cool Whip, sprinkle w/shredded coconut & refrigerate till ready to serve.
This dessert is almost bread pudding like in texture (If I did it right lol) The bananas make this so moist that Twissis and I thought maybe 1/4 lb (1 stick) of butter was enough. I used pecans and maraschino cherries. It was delicious hot out of the oven and would have been great if I had vanilla ice cream on hand. I recommend serving this while slightly still warm from the oven. We served it up with cool whip, coconut and a few sliced almonds, it was yummy! Thanks for sharing Twissis. Brenda (Nick's Mom)