Recipe by momaphet
This sauce takes the ice cream sundae from All American to the Carribean. Perfect for those feeling a little adventurous. I adapted it from another recipe for ZWT 5
Top Review by Samantha in Ut
I made this expecting not to like it. I was amazed and will make again. The only thing I would change is leave out the lime zest. It changed the flavor a lot and I didn't care for it. Made for ZWT 5.
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (or semisweet chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup canned cream of coconut (such as Coco LÃƒ pez)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, finely grated
- whipped cream (real preferred)
- 2 -3 bananas, ripe
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Whisk in next 4 ingredients. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.) Stir sauce over low heat until just warm.
- Scoop ice cream into serving dishes, slice bananas over ice cream, drizzle on sauce, top with whipping cream and toasted coconut.