Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Banana Sultana Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml sultana (yellow raisins)
- 59.14 ml apples or 59.14 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml low-fat buttermilk
- 2 egg whites
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 44.37 ml honey
- 354.88 ml unbleached white flour
- 78.07 ml stone-ground white cornmeal, ground
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cardamom
- 2 bananas, diced
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare muffin pans by either lining with cupcake papers or a light spritz with cooking spray.
- Combine raisins and juice, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add buttermilk, egg whites, oil, and honey; whisk until smooth.
- Sift flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda together; add brown sugar and spices, whisk until mixed.
- Add bananas and toss lightly.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir 'just to mix' (it will be lumpy).
- Pour into prepared muffin tin, bake for 25 minutes (or until done).
Very very good! I love the combination of flavors, they are definately a unique muffin