Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Banana Sultana Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sultana (yellow raisins)
- 1⁄4 cup apples or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄3 cup stone-ground white cornmeal, ground
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 bananas, diced
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare muffin pans by either lining with cupcake papers or a light spritz with cooking spray.
- Combine raisins and juice, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add buttermilk, egg whites, oil, and honey; whisk until smooth.
- Sift flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda together; add brown sugar and spices, whisk until mixed.
- Add bananas and toss lightly.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir 'just to mix' (it will be lumpy).
- Pour into prepared muffin tin, bake for 25 minutes (or until done).
Very very good! I love the combination of flavors, they are definately a unique muffin