Recipe by 2Bleu
From Jesse Llapitan, Executive Chef, Palace Hotel, San Francisco. Serve with fresh fruit for a great breakfast. :)
Top Review by LifeIsGood
My kids were crazy about this breakfast. I liked the ease of prep. and being able to serve a unique breakfast quickly. I only had about a teaspoon of cinnamon left so I supplemented it with some apple pie spice and it was fantastic. I really loved the technique of putting the maple syrup (I used 100% maple syrup) into the hot pan. Delish! Thanks for the yummy breakfast recipe. :-)
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- With a knife, slice the bread into triangles and make incisions on the edges of each piece. Cut the banana into small discs and stuff into pockets of the bread pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs. Whisk lightly.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Dip stuffed bread into egg wash and put into the pan (cook in batches if necessary). Cook until golden brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Remove from the pan and dust lightly with powdered sugar.