Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Weight Watchers 7 points per serving
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, each 3/8-inch thick
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, warmed
- 6 fresh strawberries, sliced
- Spread the cream cheese on all 4 slices of bread. Place the banana slices over the 2 slices of bread, and top each with the remaining bread.
- Combine the milk, eggs and vanilla in a small shallow bowl; beat lightly with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Briefly dip the sandwiches, one at a time, into the egg mixture.
- Place both sandwiches in the skillet. Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Place each piece of stuffed French toast on a plate; top each piece with 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup and 3 tablespoons of the sliced fresh strawberries.
Am STILL licking my lips, DO NOT repeat DO NOT give this recipe a miss! Served with baked cinnamon apples, sugar free syrup too, Didn't use butter but sprayed George Forman Health Griller with oil; made it quicker and easier to do! Thanks! Will definately be making this again!
What a great recipe!! I made this for my husband as a weekend brekky! I used 2 heaping tbsp of fat free cream cheese & added 1/4 tsp cinnamon & vanilla for a little sweetness. Make sure it's a nice thick layer; it's so good that way! I used whole wheat bread & a fresh strawberry syrup & fat free whipped cream goes great over this. Thanks so much for sharing!