Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 ripe acorn squash
- 1 ripe banana
- brown sugar
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- butter substitute, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut the acorn squash in half.
- perpendicular to the lines.
- Scoop out the sides and hack off the stem so that each half stands like a bowl.
- Combine spices with mashed banana and add vanilla.
- Add butter substitute if desired.
- Fill each bowl with mixture and smear on sides.
- Sprinkle more spices over the top.
- Place in baking dish with a little water in the bottom.
- Bake 45 minutes or until tender.
This is a wonderful recipe that I will definitely make again and again. It is easy to make and tastes great. Thanks so much for sharing it.
I absolutely love bananas and squash, but I found this recipe unpalatable. I will not be making it again.