Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Definitely a twist on traditional dessert, this one came from a family friend. It is great for diabetics too because even though it's sweet, there's no refined sugar...ALL NATURAL!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large firm not quite ripe bananas, sliced thin
- 1⁄2-1 cup pecans, chopped coarsely
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve the juice!)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Mix pudding and juice in a large bowl. You may have to add a bit of milk to get the consistency of "stiff" pudding. Fold in the cool whip.
- Add pineapple, bananas, and pecans.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or dessert cups, cover with plastic, and chill. Serve cold.
We enjoyed this light, quick dessert. I didn't have the large size box of pudding, so I used one small box of sugar-free vanilla and one small box of sugar-free banana flavor.