Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Better than banana bread, and these freeze well too.
Make and share this Banana Streusel Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Great recipe! Loved the fact that it used so many bananas since my freezer is being over run with them.Used oil instead of butter and added vanilla. Made a double batch and got 24 great muffins. Will make often.
I had 4 frozen over ripe bananas in the freezer taking up room,that is badly needed for other things..My DH isnt a fan of banana bread but does like a layered banana cake I make. But that is more than we can eat. So, I decided to make these muffins. I am so glad I did. These were great.Even my DH liked them..I omitted the 1/3 cup butter by mistake but turned out wonderful without the added calories..Maybe it had something to do with the thawed bananas,how when they thaw they're just a mush..Anyways,I made jumbo muffins(6) I filled the paper liners 1/3 full then top off with 1/3 of streusel mixture then finished filling with batter and topped off with leftover strusel mixture. Baked 375 for 30 minutes..We loved the flavor and texture..A nice way of using up frozen bananas..Thank U,I will make these often..
Excellent! Very moist and tasty with a nice crunchy top and I was able to make 12 good-sized muffins. I baked them at 350° instead of 375° for about 22 minutes and they came out perfectly. Definitely something I will make again. Thanks for posting!