Recipe by Geema
Better than banana bread, and these freeze well too.
Top Review by askinnycook
Great recipe! Loved the fact that it used so many bananas since my freezer is being over run with them.Used oil instead of butter and added vanilla. Made a double batch and got 24 great muffins. Will make often.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.