Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Robin Perry, The Best of Country Cooking
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 medium ripe bananas, , 1-cup (, 1-cup)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl beat eggs, sour cream, butter and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- For streusel, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375F for 20 to 25 minutes.
These muffins are delicious. I cut the amount of butter in half and used half whole wheat flour and half white flour and they were great! My kids (8 and 5) loved them too! Will be making these again!
I made these for my DH last night and he loved them. The streusel topping makes the difference. Thanks for posting the recipe.
YUMMY! I halved the butter in the batter, halved the streusel topping, and used plain fat free yogurt instead of the sour cream. Delicious! Thanks for the recipe!