Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe that I have adopted. As soon as I make this, I will post any changes.
Make and share this Banana Streusel Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bananas
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, cut into bits
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 9x9 baking pan well, set aside.
- Cream butter, add sugar a little bit at a time and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, lemon rind and beat until mixture is blended.
- Stir in milk.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients gently into the butter mixture.
- Fold in the bananas and spoon batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with the spatula.
- Prepare Streusel.
- In a bowl, blend the sugar, flour, cinnamon and the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle over the batter and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack for 20 minutes and cut into squares.