Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original of this slightly tweaked recipe was found in the 2003 cookbook, Slim Soothies.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 large banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry (fresh or frozen)
- Whatever else you do, don't use all frozen fruit! Place all ingredients in a blender & mix by using on/off pluse function until ingredients are mostly blended. Continue mixing, gradually increasing the speed, until the mixture is smooth.
- Pout into 2 glasses & enjoy!
I made this for my daughter after she got her braces tightened this morning. Her teeth will be aching for days so it's nice to have a simple smoothie to fill her up. I used frozen berriest but fresh bananas. Thx Syd!
This tastes good. I liked the note about not using all frozen! I used Europe's best field berry mix with extra strawberries from a strawberry package of the same brand. I used a pretty unsweet orange juice from Allen's (DD, toddlers juice box) and the banana. Not properly food combined as per http://www.momssoapbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/food_combining.jpg.
I love smoothies because they are so easy to make and refreshing. It is 93 F here today and this really helped cool us down. I love the fact it is not too sweet either. I used fresh strawberries and banana and the rest of the berries were frozen.Thanks for the recipe.