Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
Just received this in an email from Back of the Box Recipes. Haven't tried it yet, but it sure looks delicious! These would be best served warm out of the oven.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped strawberry
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Combine sugar, oil and eggs and blend well.
- Stir in bananas and vanilla.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to sugar mixture and stir just until combined.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 17 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from muffin cups.
Great recipe! As a college student I need a quick breakfast, so I freeze muffins. I used half whole wheat flour and applesauce in place of oil. Moist and tasty! Will use again, but next time add some spices.
These were pretty good but next time, I would use a well greased muffin pan instead of liners as the muffins are sticking in them pretty badly.
I modified this recipe quite a bit to make them vegan, and it was a great base to work from. I'm sure the original will work for a lot of people. I also added a bit of baking spice (or just use cinnamon) for taste. Yum!