Prep 6 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy! You can use fresh or frozen strawberries and ripe bananas!! Perfect for gift giving or with your favorite breakfast pastry!! Note: Cooking time is actually the time for the jam to sit.
- Combine mashed bananas and strawberries in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar and freezer jam pectin in small bowl, stirring to blend evenly.
- Gradually stir pectin mixture into prepared fruit, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into freezer jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Let jam stand to thicken, not to exceed 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately; refrigerate up to 3 weeks OR freeze up to one year.
- Yield: 5 - 8 oz. jars.
This is one of the best jams I have ever had, and it is so easy to make! My husband loved it too, and he's pretty picky about his jam. I pureed the fruit in the blender and reduced the sugar by 1/4 cup, and it still turned out great and set up wonderfully. I will definitely be making this one again. Thanks!
Had some left over strawberries and bananas, and thought I'd give it a try. Tastes great and set well. The banana is just enough to change the taste, but not enough to other power the jam. I did puree my bananas before adding them to the mixture.
This was another perfect jam that I gave out for the holidays!! Thanks for posting the recipe!!