Recipe by Mom2Rose
Yummy! You can use fresh or frozen strawberries and ripe bananas!! Perfect for gift giving or with your favorite breakfast pastry!! Note: Cooking time is actually the time for the jam to sit.
Top Review by DEH
This is one of the best jams I have ever had, and it is so easy to make! My husband loved it too, and he's pretty picky about his jam. I pureed the fruit in the blender and reduced the sugar by 1/4 cup, and it still turned out great and set up wonderfully. I will definitely be making this one again. Thanks!
- 1 cup banana, mashed (approx. 2 large)
- 3 cups strawberries, mashed (about 3 1/2 lbs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package freezer jam pectin (Use Ball Fruit Jell Freezer Jam Pectin or similar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mashed bananas and strawberries in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar and freezer jam pectin in small bowl, stirring to blend evenly.
- Gradually stir pectin mixture into prepared fruit, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into freezer jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Let jam stand to thicken, not to exceed 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately; refrigerate up to 3 weeks OR freeze up to one year.
- Yield: 5 - 8 oz. jars.