1/1 Photo of Banana Squares
A wonderful dessert or breakfast. These also freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form and set aside.
- 2In another bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- 3Beat in egg yolks and mix well.
- 4Add bananas.
- 5Combine flour and baking soda and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 6Add vanilla and fold in egg whites.
- 7Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- 8Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Cool.
- 9If desired, garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a few banana slices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Squares
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 119.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g