Recipe by Tisme
My Daughter has just come home from a backpacking trip through Asia. Whilst over there, she took a cooking class with Permpoon Nabnian, and bought home some of the recipes.
Top Review by Member #610488
After figuring out I had chosen two banana dessert recipes to review for ZWT 9, I decided to have a banana dessert party. <LOL> With the tempura mixture holding everything closed, I had no problems during the frying of the spring rolls while I had a few minor mishaps with the other recipe I was reviewing. After the first rolls were made, I started adding either a glob of liquid fudge or a thin layer of mashed pineapple on the wrapper before adding the banana and wrapping. Much more interesting but oh so hot. Lost some skin off the roof of my mouth due to the burning heat.
- 2 bananas, firm, quartered lengthwise
- 4 spring roll wrappers, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons tempura flour
- eggs or water
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey, jam or 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the tempura flour with a little water or beaten egg.
- Place 1/4 of each banana in each of the spring roll wrappers, roll each one tightly, and tightly seal the edge with tempura mix.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat until oil is hot. When hot turn heat to low.
- Add the spring rolls to the hot oil., turning them continually until they turn golden brown, then remove them from the wok and drain them on some kitchen paper.
- Cut each spring roll into 3 pieces and serve on a platter with honey.