Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger on the Food Network. The calculated weight watchers points for this would be 3 points per serving.
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, in natural juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 bananas, firm and ripe
- 1⁄4 cup light vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup frozen yogurt
- Combine the pineapple with juice, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Cook over a medium heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and the juice is reduced somewhat, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut the bananas in half crosswise. Cut each banana half lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through. Split the banana halves open and place each one on a small dessert plate. Top each banana with a scoop of ice cream then about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the warm pineapple mixture. Top each with a mint leaf, if using, and serve.