Recipe by Lula
From Bon Appetit Magazine May 2006. I haven't tried this yet but the picture looks so good...it's on my to make list.
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup canned cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez)
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon finely grate lime peel
- 3⁄4 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 4 bananas, peeled, halved lengthwise
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup cubed peeled cored pineapple
- sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Whisk in next 4 ingredients. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.) Stir sauce over low heat until just warm.
- Whisk cream and powdered sugar in medium bowl to peaks; cull until ready to use. Arrange 2 banana halves in each of of 4 long shallow dishes. Add 3 scoops ice cream to each dish. Spoon warm sauce over ice cream. Top with pineapple, whipped cream and toasted coconut.